VN Engineers Celebrates Opening Day of Connecticut’s CTfastrak Busway
CTfastrak is a dedicated Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) facility along an exclusive 9.4 mile corridor, between downtown New Britain and downtown Hartford. This project posed many complicated design related issues, including the layout of the two-lane Busway running parallel to an active railroad. The project contained three bus stations and the design of three bridges adjacent to active railroad bridges. The Busway was a controversial project that required a steadfast public involvement effort. VN Engineers Design Team was involved in the roadway design and the design and permitting for the proposed drainage system, noise wall design, site design, utility coordination, illumination, preparation of detour plans and signalization for the project.
Once the CTfastrak project moved into the construction phase our CEI Team was awarded multiple projects that included the construction inspection of large segments of the project. Our team was involved in construction of multiple stations, bridge reconstruction and replacement, roadways construction, and relocation of railroad.
- Contract 1, Project No. 88-177: Construction of CTfastrak from Main Street to Stanley Street and the construction of New Britain Station, demolition reconstruction of the bridge over Route 9, reconstruction of Route 72 off and on ramps. Subconsultant to AI.
- Contract 2, Project Nos. 88-178 & 93-166: Construction of CTfastrak from Stanley Street to Cedar Street, development of two stations, two new bridges, reconstruction of Florence Street and replacement of the existing Cedar Street Bridge. Subconsultant to STV.
- Contract 3, 63-643 & 93-180: Construction of CTfastrak from Cedar Street to Sigourney Street and construction of seven stations, eight new bridges, two culverts to be installed under Amtrak rail lines, a new bridge carrying Flatbush Avenue over Amtrak and CTfastrak, plus construction of an Amtrak maintenance road. Subconsultant to Gannett Fleming.
- Contract 4, Project No. 63-670: Construction of CTfastrak from Sigourney Street to Asylum Street and construction of one station, two new bridges, and the relocation of approximately one mile of railroad. Subconsultant to Urban Engineers
- Contract 5, Project Nos. 63-641/671: Replacement of the existing Broad Street Bridge over Amtrak rail lines and CTfastrak, reconstruction of Broad Street from Capitol Avenue to Farmington Avenue. Subconsultant to Urban Engineers
VN Engineers Pennsylvania Office Opens
As part of VN Engineers ongoing expansion the Pennsylvania office is now open. The PA office is the next step in providing Design Excellence and Construction Inspection Services throughout the northeast. VN Engineers is now able to provide the same level of service to our PA clients, that our clients in Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York and Florida have benefited from for 30 years.
For all inquires please contact us at:
1700 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Phone: (215) 366-2405